Author Topic: Totally Unauthorized: Peggy Archer  (Read 585 times)

BrianDzyak

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Totally Unauthorized: Peggy Archer
« on: April 26, 2015, 10:55:36 PM »
http://filmhacks.wordpress.com/about/

A side of the film industry most people never see.
About me

I work in the film industry, as a set lighting technician. When Iím not schlepping cable or burning my fingers Iím one of those seemingly ubiquitous independent filmmakers (when I can find some sucker nice person to give me enough money), but until I sell something the big movies pay the bills. I like my job Ė itís never the same thing two days in a row, and its always interesting, even on the days itís not easy.

Yes, I did go to college. A good one. Yes, I am wasting my education. Although I shouldnít be okay with this, somehow it doesnít bother me. Now. Wait until I turn 40 and that mid-life crisis really gets some momentum and then weíll see.

Iím female, I live in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles, California, with a cat who tolerates my presence as long as I keep the food bowl full, and in my spare time I conjugate irregular French verbs, work in my garden, and roam the city taking photos of abandoned couches, which can be seen on the Abandoned Couches blog. I also write the occasional article for LAist and some of those paper publications.

My knees went to shit a few years back and I canít run anymore, but I do like to ride my bicycle and swim. Not at the same time, though.

Peggy Archer is a nom de plume, and Iíll thank you to keep any guesses at the real name to yourselves.

Members of the media who are seeking clarification about some of those weird job titles are welcome (and encouraged) to contact me and ask any questions. Please contact me. If you use the phrase ďall the gaffersĒ one more time Iím going find the cutest puppy I can and kick it. Repeatedly. Do you want that on your conscience? I didnít think so.

Questions, kudos, Nigerian scam emails, sexual propositions, and couch photos may be sent to: randomblogmail@yahoo.com