Author Topic: Applying for the DGA Training Program  (Read 1016 times)

BrianDzyak

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Applying for the DGA Training Program
« on: April 26, 2015, 10:02:16 PM »
http://dgatrainingprogram.wordpress.com/

excerpt from the site

October 27, 2010 in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
“Copy That”, “I Copy You”, “Copy!” Whichever way you say it, you will end up saying it many, many, many times every day that you work on set. A fellow trainee even admitted she used it at the bank over the weekend. Using your “Copy” seems like a great way to affirm to a co-worker, friend or even banker that you understood what they said and that you will take action if needed. Only once was I horrified to hear someone pull out their “Copy”. It was on the day of “the test” (Part 1 of the DGA Training Program application process), during a 15 min break, that I found myself amidst a mob of NYU hippies and wanna-be film directors vying for Sandra Forman’s attention. One test-taker pushed herself to the front of the crowd to ask her question, and after Sandy responded, this girl replied “Copy that!” Everyone sort of looked at her funny. I think we were all wondering if she was trying to show off, or if she was just crazy. I think it is safe to say that that was NOT an appropriate use of your “COPY”.